Why is it so important to have high levels of Vitamin E in Ewe diets?
- Vitamin E builds more effective immune systems in Ewes and lambs
- Ensures lambs are born with vigour
- Reduces scouring in lambs
- Reduces incidences of mastitis in Ewes
- Increases Ewe fertility
- And reduces the incidences of white muscle disease in Lambs
All Smyths Daleside Feeds Ewe diets have at least 150 iu/kg of Vitamin E.
Good Body Condition is important from mating through to the first month of lactation post lambing. Feeding correctly and having the Ewe in the correct body condition score effects Embryonic mortality. Lamb size, vigour, survival, subsequent weaning weights and age at slaughter.
At Smyths Daleside Feeds we have an extensive range of Ewe and lamb feeds
Remember cheapest doesn’t always mean the best (at least 150iu/kg of Vit E)
- Prime Ewe Nuts for feeding pregnant and lactating Ewes with lambing expectation of 125 lambs per 100 Ewes
- Combat Ewe Nuts for feeding pregnant and lactating Ewes with lambing expectation of 125 to 150 lambs per 100 Ewes
- Ewe 18(Protec S) Nuts for feeding pregnant and lactating Ewes with lambing expectation of 150-200 lambs per 100 Ewes
- Hi-Milk Ewe 19 % and 21% with protected Soya
Ideal Hi Energy and Hi Soya diets for Ewes with lambing expectation of 200+ lambs per 100 Ewes Mainly fed to Pedigree flocks and very prolific cross bred flocks that need a high level of Soya for milk production.
Can be fed where forage is low in protein and energy. Designed to give excellent quality colostrum and good milk yield. Contains Smyths unique Mineral and Vitamin pack with extra Vitamin E.
Hill Flock Ewe Cobs (HIGH IN SOYA), (+ Added Glucose)- 11 mm pellet, ideal for ground feeding- For Ewes with triplets, doubles or singles.
Hill Flock Ewe Cobs are a large 11mm nut and are ideal for ground feeding to all outdoor and Indoor Flocks.
They are 18% protein, high in soya, have added glucose giving vital supplies of energy to the flocks grazing the hills.
They contain Smyths Daleside Feeds unique mineral and vitamin packs ensuring that the Ewe gets a complete diet full of the necessary vitamins and trace minerals as well as a very instant energy supply, exactly what is required prior to lambing.
For more information on our ewe feed range please speak to your local feed representative or call (0)74 917 1300